Accommodation & Visa Process

So the date is set. FINALLY. Pam, Paul, Peggy, and I (possibly also Donna and Wally) will be going on the 16-day trip of a lifetime together beginning on July 10. It is very exciting!

I've begun looking for accommodation in Cambridge and it might actually be a challenge. I'm hoping this Link House Trust will work out--it's a house (two, actually) for international graduate students in Cambridge. It sounds like the minimum stay is 2 months (perfect), but I'm unsure given the lingo. It might more of a long-term thing. I have an email out to them, but haven't heard back yet. There is also a house on Stanley Road that I'm interested in that is right across from the River Cam. The landlady of the one house that looked to be so perfect wants someone with a 3+ month let. I'm sure more places will open up as time progresses, but we all know that I like to have things planned out well in advance!

I sent my background check out on Monday and am in the middle of the visa process. Approval of the visa, once submitted, only takes 2-9 days. I was really shocked about that and relieved. I don't really know how a visit to the British Consulate in Chicago fits into all of this though. One step at a time!

I just can't believe this is actually happening. And in 4 months, no less. Sigh. I'm so happy and blessed.