I Can Finally Say It!

I will be interning with one of the most (if not the most) distinguished universities in the world this summer--the University of Cambridge. I will be there for 8 weeks beginning in May and then for 2 weeks after that I will voyaging across England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales with family friends and my aunt, Peggy.

All of this is news today. I got the email this morning from John Harding, Manager of the Disability Resource Centre. He offered a placement of 6 weeks, but I've decided to do 8 weeks. I think 8 weeks, 20 hours/week will be the perfect mix of work and play--with plenty of time left over to explore. Tomorrow I'll find out the dates for sure when I'll be there.

And THEN I called Peggy to tell her the good news and she mentioned that Pam had called last night and they were talking about the trip. And she's going! It is so very exciting. I was excited before about the trip, but it'll be even better with her there. I'll have a roommate that I know and love and I'm sure after being alone, not knowing a soul in the country, that I will be overjoyed to see her and get to go on a trip of a lifetime together. Amazing. I'm such a lucky person. This summer will be the SUMMER of a lifetime.

And this is where I'll be...